Are you stressed out about hosting friends or family this holiday season? Here are our top 5 tips to make sure you stay sane and your guests have everything they need for their stay. With a little bit of planning, you can sit back and enjoy the holiday without worrying.
1. Keep it simple - From the food to the table scape, minimal is best. Your guests will not remember how many candles were on the table, or how many appetizers you served. All they care about is quality time with the people they love. We love this example of a minimal table from Poppytalk using all white as the backdrop to a few natural elements.
2. Delegate - Have your guests bring as many dishes as possible. Not only does it save you time and stress, but it's always fun to try other family recipes.
3. Declutter - In keeping with the minimal theme, decluttering is key. Although the task can seem daunting, setting a time limit can be very helpful. A week before your guests arrive, set a timer for 20 minutes at the end of each day. You'll be amazed at how much clutter you are able to organize in that time. You can even organize all the loose sample items you uncover in a glass jar for your guests to enjoy!
4. Create a welcome box for your guests - This fun DIY project from ShrimpSaladCircus is the perfect way to welcome guests and make them feel at home. There are so many things you can add inside - slippers, wifi passwords, snacks and so much more!
5. Enjoy yourself! - This is by far the most important! After all, the whole point of this holiday is to give thanks. Enjoy the loved ones around you and worry about the dishes later!